PennEngineering®’s new PEM® VariMount™ fastening system utilizes self-clinching technology and a round steel or stainless steel base plate that makes for easy assembly when mounting onto any rigid material or panel, including composites, plastics, and metals. The pre-installed PEM® VariMount™ fastening system is permanently attached to the base plate, allowing for security without additional welding. The size of the radial holes in the base plates are designed to accept universally standard diameters of rivets, self-clinching fasteners, and loose hardware including nuts, bolts and screws. The assembly can then be fastened or bonded to assorted panel types in a variety of ways:
- Base plate provides generous footprint for surface or mold-in mounting.
- Radial holes in base plates encapsulate adhesives or molded plastics.
- Radial holes accept standard sized rivet diameters.
- Radial holes accept standard sized self-clinching fasteners.
- Assemblies can be mounted on front or through back of panels.
- Self-clinching fastener technology permanently holds fastener to base plate.
- A variety of fasteners are available.
Related Links and Sources
- New PEM VariMount system
- PEM® VariMount™ fastening system Bulletin
- PEM® VariMount™ Fastening System
- PEM® Fasteners