Kelly Cole of Hayes Bolt & Supply (San Diego, California), pictured left, was elected as the 2018-2019 president of the National Fastener Distributors Association. Dan Zehnder of Trinity Logistics Corporation (Waukesha, Wisconsin) will serve as vice president, Bruce Hayes of Sems & Specials (Rockford, Illinois) as associate chair, and Kevin Miller of Bamal Corporation (Charlotte, North Carolina) will remain on the Board as immediate past president.
Four new Board members were elected to serve on the NFDA Board: Adam Derry of Field (Machesney Park, Illinois), Keven Simmer of Wurth DMB Supply (Des Moines, Iowa), Scott Somers of Mid-States Bolt & Screw Company (Flint, Michigan), and Bryan Wheeler of Star Stainless Screw (Wood Dale, Illinois).
Continuing on the NFDA Board are Rich Megliola of Vertex Distribution (Saint Charles, Illinois), Doug Ruggles of Martin Fastening Solutions (Florence, Alabama), and Jun Xu of Brighton-Best International (Santa Fe Springs, California).
The new Board was introduced at the NFDA 2018 Annual Meeting, held June 5-7, in Chicago, Illinois. The annual meeting also included Executive Sales Planning Sessions® and an economic update presented by Alan Beaulieu of ITR Economics.
Tribute was paid during the NFDA annual meeting to retiring Board members Kevin Godin of AFC Industries (Fairfield, Ohio), Adam Pratt of Sherex Fastening Solutions (Tonawanda, New York), Jennifer Ruetz of AIS-All Integrated Solutions (Franksville, Wisconsin), and Marc Strandquist of Wurth Industry of North America (Greenwood, Indiana).
During the annual business meeting, Kelly Cole gave an update on the association’s activities during the past year and plans for the coming year, with a message of inclusion and a goal of reducing fragmentation that currently exists among industry associations.
Thirteen new members were introduced:
- Aero Space Fasteners & Electronics
- Applied Design & Fastening Solutions
- BTM Manufacturing
- Circle Bolt & Nut Co., Inc.
- Creative Assembly Systems, Inc.
- Fullco Industries, Inc.
- Hagerty Industrial Supply
- Mack Brooks Exhibitions
- Management Information Tools
- MF Supply
- Midland Metal Manufacturing
- Parker Fasteners
- Volt Industrial Plastics, Inc.
Upcoming NFDA events include:
- Leadership Academy
- Co-Sponsored by Young Fastener Professionals
- September 10-11, 2018
- Holiday Inn, La Mirada, California
- Joint Meeting with NFDA, Mid-West Fastener Association, and Pacific-West Fastener Association
- March 14-16, 2019
- Omni Hotel, San Diego, California
- Annual Meeting
- Co-Sponsored by the North Coast Fastener Association
- June 10-11, 2019
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Joint Conference and Tabletop Show with the Pacific-West Fastener Association
- March 4-7, 2020
- Westin Hotel, Long Beach, California
Fastener Press Releases, Fasteners, Uncategorized